Tuesday 20 September 2011

Still here, still dancing

I think I actually forgot about this blog for a while. Somebody just emailed me and told me to look at it - I don't think I told them it's mine. Haha.

Where are we up to? I still go dancing once a week and I'm still having physio which is quite intensive at times. It's only now beginning to dawn on me that really I'm stuck with these exercises for the rest of my life - quite naively I thought that I will do them until I got better, and then I would be better, so I wouldn't need to do them. I don't think it works like that, does it? I need to do them forever, or at least for as long as I want to dance.

We had a little summer break for a couple of weeks as most schools do so I didn't dance at all, literally, for six weeks. I had physio during that time and I do think slight improvements have been made, but I haven't touched music, written, trad sets or own dancing for years. I still remember everything - we've recently taught the Fairy Reel and all the figures of the Cap and I could do them book-free - I just haven't done anything with it for a while.

I need to do solos. I still think I might do the TMRF first just to achieve something even though it's a waste. In fact I might even put in for May next year, why not? I know everything I need to know. And it would finally put paid to the stupid idea I have every now and then, of doing "one last competition". But I DO need to do solos. Especially now the trad sets have been increased. I will do the TCRG one day, I just wish I'd done it when I was 20. Real life is totally in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment