Thursday 29 July 2010

Four-Hand Reel

My second "ceili with figures". Properly chuffed I learned this one so quickly although let's be fair, I'd danced the lead and body before.

Lead Round
Body - Square, Four Sevens, Hands Across, Down the Centre, Right and Left Chain
1st Figure - Figure of Eight and Rings of Three
Body
2nd Figure - Ladies' Chain
Body
Finish (Lead Round)




In other news I went through some of my past papers and did all the Lannigan's Ball and Waves of Tory ones I could find - I'm not using the exact same terminology and I keep wanting to put in things that aren't specified, but I'm confident I know those pretty well.

I also worked out how to do the Full Chain in Glencar Reel - took me shamefully long to do it, but I got there in the end and that's all that matters.

Next, the Eight-Hand Reel. What the hell is "Back to Back" all about?!

No comments:

Post a Comment