Monday 17 January 2011

Proud moment

I'm so proud of my little class! I had three dancers this week; the two newbies got through a whole reel and the girl from last week remembered all her dances, even the heavy jig. I didn't want to overload the newbies with dances right at the start so I decided not to attempt the hop jig and to try a ceili instead. Best decision ever! They were absolutely fantastic at the Four-Hand Reel - we got through the lead and all of the body, and they got it all, even the chain and the bits I thought they might find difficult. Very proud :)

But also quite proud of myself. I managed mixed abilities which I used to struggle with, taught a ceili correctly without the book (I just checked!) and had a lot of fun as well. They all paid for next week up front as well which I was so pleased with as often people say they'll come back but never show again. I'm just so glad they enjoyed it. Because that's the whole point, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment