Tuesday 15 March 2011

Job of Journeywork

Attempting my third traditional set this week. I was lucky enough to have someone to teach me the step which compared to learning St Pat's and Blackbird from videos was SO VERY EASY. Honestly, if you ever have the choice been videos and a real person, choose the real person every time. There's just no comparison. I have the step committed to memory:

& brush & brush treble in front, hop-treble treble and a back 23 brush treble and a back, hop-treble treble and a back 23 and brush treble and back treble and back 2345 heel heel down step treble and back brush treble-treble and a back.

And now I've found a slowed-down instruction of the set which I hope will be the next bext thing to personal tuition! I especially like the little shriek during one of the rocks :)



So that's my project for this week. I do of course have Olive as well.

Class went well this week although it was just the three of us. It's been just the three of us for some time now which is disappointing. But, they're both really enthusiastic and we steamed through all the beginner dances, polished the primary reel including learning a brand new second step, and then continued to work on St Patrick's Day. I've made up a heavy jig lead and second step to go with my existing first step (which I've changed to be a first instead of a lead) and they actually WORK!

Still no further along with my own dancing/open set dances, and haven't touched a practice paper since last month. Not to worry. I still only have £30 saved towards this exam and hence haven't applied. No rush, I'm telling myself.

This Saturday we have an Irish band playing at the local and they've asked if I can bring a few dancers. I've roped a few guys in - should be a good craic.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! That clip is my Co-director Mary! I hope you found the video helpful!! :)


    NP
    MGOS Academy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting there! Need to give it a few more watches I think. She should start selling these clips on DVD :)

    Have you had your results yet?x

    ReplyDelete