Thursday 14 April 2011

Heavy Jigs

On a roll! Since I stuck my neck out and actually tried to choreograph something, I've got a head full of jig ideas. Some of them are quite simple and might be better for an intermediate or prelim dancer, so here's my cheat - they will serve as the step part of my various jig sets, and then when it gets to the set I can throw in stuff I can only do on one foot, like drums and suchlike. It's probably not in the spirit of things but isn't that what everybody does?!

Productive class last night. Sadly my two beginners didn't return so it was just me and my faithful cohorts R and J. J learned the primary slip jig despite protesting that she's always hated the dance, and they both almost got the Blackbird step.

As far as my challenges go I did indeed go over Job (only in trainers as my feet were complaining) but I did it all the way through correctly, and had a few goes of my various jigs as well.

Only one class next week as I'm off to Dublin and the Citywest :) Cannot WAIT!!!

In the meantime, I have GOT to learn that jig stamp combination on my left foot. How hard can it be? Hop da da-da da da, DA. Hop right left-left right left, RIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment