Friday 20 May 2011

TMRF

I'm considering it. I know it doesn't count towards the TCRG, and I know that all I'm doing is adding another nearly €400 to my bill.

But on the other hand, why not? I honestly believe I could pass the TMRF if I took it right this minute. I know that book - I KNOW IT. Who knows if I'll ever be confident enough in my dancing ability to take the TCRG? Who knows if I'll ever be fit and injury-free enough to put in the practice required to get to an exam-worthy standard? Wouldn't it be better just to get a qualification under my belt?

There must be plenty of people who've done the TMRF and then gone on to take the TCRG. Many years ago, I read an interview with Owen McAuley (formerly Setanta, now Haughey-McAuley). He took the TMRF - indeed, he took all three.

The main reason I'm putting this exam off is because of my own dancing. If I managed to get into the Glasgow exam for the TMRF, I could still put in for the May exam in 2012 and do solos. Perhaps. And when it came to the full TCRG, I'd already know what to expect of the exam process so I wouldn't be so nervous.

How beautifully ironic that, as a former dancer who never really taught before and never did ceili before, it's the dancing section that's causing me the most grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment