Monday 3 June 2013

Time

I just can't fit it all in. I can't keep up with a demanding job where I'm frequently doing overtime, trying to stay fit for this exam, and actually prepare for the exam all at once. I feel sick with the amount of stuff I've got going on from work, personal admin, TCRG, a life...

There is just no time. This weekend I stopped, put my laptop away, and did some revision and dancing. Work will keep. Then I come into work and have loads more dished out, it never ends. It's six months away I know, but it's June already. I took the last one eight months ago, eight! That's flown by, so will the next six.

So rant out of the way and trying to keep stress to a minimum -

I've become quite acceptable at lilting. This is a good way to feel like I'm doing something towards the exam as it requires no equipment and can be done at the same time as something else, like showering. I honestly recommend lilting ceilis and traditional sets in the shower.

I've made up another hornpipe step as I didn't think the ones I had would cut it now that the solo section specifies 'advanced' material. This, plus the one I made up the other week, are much better. And very me! I do think I'm developing some sort of style.

And the five ceilis that I had to write out, I did fine. I didn't write them out book-style, just making sure I had all the details correct for teaching, and that was fine.

So for this fortnight (I just don't have time to do 5 goals in one week):

1 - Dance 4 times and work out besides.
2 - Continue ceili lilting.
3 - Continue trad set lilting.
4 -  A new heavy jig set - undecided which yet.
5 - Write out 5 further ceilis: 16 Hand Reel, Rince Fada, Antrim Reel, Trip to the Cottage, Bonfire Dance.

But in the meantime I'm probably going to go and cry in a corner or something.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I have been following your blog for a long time now and have really enjoyed your posts. I am so pleased you decided to give the TCRG another go.

    I am writing on behalf of Antonio Pacelli. We are launching a new website in the summer which will have a large community section. One part of that will be the best in irish dance blogs. A lot of the top Irish dance blogs have joined us and I would love for you to be involved as your story is a very interesting one and I think inspiring to others dancers thinking about making the jump.

    If this is something of interest then perhaps you could email me at ally@antoniopacelli.com and we could discuss further?

    All the best,

    Ally

    ReplyDelete