Tuesday 21 May 2013

My dancing week

My week looks like this:
  • Go to dancing on Monday (done) and have another practice in the week as well.
  • Lilt all the ceili tunes out loud without prompting, and start trying to say the steps at the same time as singing. (started, Humours)
  • Practise lilting the trad set tunes in case I need to teach them
  • Work on hornpipe set dances (I've already made up a cracking little solo step) - decide what's staying and going and come up with fixes if needed.
  • Pick five ceilis at random to write out without the book (having a friend pick them for me)
I've got the rest of the week plus the long weekend. Do-able!

Edit to add the five ceilis picked by my pal:

1. Harvest-Time Jig
2. St Patricks Day
3. An Rince Mor
4. Waves of Tory
5. Gates of Derry

No comments:

Post a Comment