Monday 15 July 2013

150 days to go

Here's where it becomes real again. 150 days to go, so I thought I'd write a list of what I've done and what I need to do choreography wise. I want every step finalised by the end of August, so that the following 3.5 months can be dedicated to practising and teaching and nothing else.

Solos:

1 reel step and 1 slip jig step decided on.
To do: finalise 2nd step for both, practise everything.

2 hornpipe and 1 jig step decided on.
To do: choreograph 2nd jig step and practise everything.

Sets:

All traditional sets learnt.
To do: Work on King as it's the newest one and I'm not quite there. Practise everything else.

2x hornpipe sets finalised, 1x hornpipe set step finalised.
To do: Finish 3rd hornpipe set - set part to be choreographed. Practise everything.

2x heavy jig sets finalised.
To do: Choreograph 3rd and final heavy jig set. Practise everything.

Teaching:

Most dancing steps suitable for teaching. Beginning and intermediate level steps all sorted. Some boys steps sorted thanks to possible tweaks of girls steps to make them masculine.
To do: Boys reel and boys hornpipe to be choreographed and practised. Teaching to be practised in general.

So to sum up, my choreography to do list looks like:

- 1x girls reel for me/teaching
- 1x boys reel to teach (adaptable for different levels)
- 1x slip jig to finalise
- 1x jig step for me/teaching
- 1x boys hornpipe step (adaptable for different levels)
- 1x hornpipe set set
- 1x full jig set

And my practising to do list looks like:

- EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment