Tuesday 1 May 2012

Rub the Bag...

...til it's nice and shiny, was the way I remember the tune. Was. The way I remember the tune now is the most frustrating piece of music ever. I'm just completely stuck. I have loads of ideas of what to put in the set, but they don't fit, so I'm shelving them and revisiting them for another set. But, I still have this one to do. Nothing goes! I don't want to start again but I'm not massively happy with what I've got at either 69 or 73.

What do other people do when they've got a set that's just not working? Scrap the choreography and start again? Scrap the whole thing and start a new dance? Sleep on it?

1 comment:

  1. sleep on it, then i'd say scrap what's crap and save the good pieces. maybe the music is what is crap... then try to pick another set of the same style (hp or jig) and use what you can from the first choreography.

    i had to make up all my own material so i can sympathize with what you're going through. keep it up though! :)

    ReplyDelete