Monday 8 October 2012

38

Thirty-eight days and I'm so busy. Not with TCRG exam prep you understand, though I'm fitting it in. Busy with absolutely everything else. Why can't studying and practising be my full-time job?!

I do feel like my sets are getting stronger. I've got 4.5 jigs, just need a set for Hurry the Jug. They're all ok - I'm clearing up mistakes, ankles are getting looser, turnout is happening. I've got two completed hornpipe sets which are fine - then one to tweak, and then one to choreograph from scratch.

And oh my God, I know Garden of Daisies now! It's not the version most people do, so I hope I don't let other people throw me when they do the usual version. This version is just as correct but rarer - it's won championships so I know it's ok to do. 

Solos - I've decided which heavy jig steps I'll do in the exam. I made quite a nice one up a couple of weeks ago and can finally do the stamps on left, and for the second step I tweaked an existing one and made it slightly more difficult. Quite happy with those.

I know one of the hornpipe steps I'm doing, just need to actually dance it a few times, and then learn the other one I've been given.

I've decided on one reel and one slip jig for the exam for definite - I thought I'd decided on the second reel step but have decided it's a bit too similar to the first so I'll try something else. For the other slip jig step I could go back to my original lead but really I'd rather do something newer and prettier to show off my feet a bit more.

Ceilis - I'm breezy. Music likewise. I can even lilt most of the ceili music now. I have a skirt to wear in the exam, and a wrapover cardigan so I can look all balletesque and professional.

Not hyperventilating just yet. Even if I do still toy with the idea of getting them to change my application to TMRF. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment