Saturday 7 December 2013

Six.

Fantastic practice. Really positive session, unlike last year when I couldn't even move. I practised with a friend who's also doing the exam and we did everything - absolutely everything and more besides.

First a few traditionals, and it was great to get practice of dancing them beside somebody else especially as she does different steps to me for some of them. I made a few mistakes but I'm prepared to dance in twos now. Then onto jig solo and it was ok. Jigs sets were all good, some kind of miracle, and then I did some reels. Boys and my own - all fine. I then got the biggest compliment ever when, even though I knew I wasn't quite up to full fitness (I threw up twice), she said I was infinitely better than I was this time last year. Amazing, love her for that. So much confidence.

Hornpipe sets and solos were ok, just need to believe I can do them and I can get through them. I didn't have much room for slip jig but that's no concern.

We worked so hard. We've got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment