Tuesday 3 December 2013

Ten.

I am in an infinitely better place than at the same point last year. I've tinkered with a couple of sets over the last few days but I think that's everything that needs to be changed - I have every single step and set, for dancing and teaching, done and sorted.

After class last night, my bogey sets are no longer bogey sets. The jig one has a new step (well, about 4 bars is new and I've moved 2 bars from the end to the middle), and a slight change to the set. It's the same combination of moves, a rock and toes, but the other way round to reduce wobble potential. The hornpipe one has a new middle section in the set, and the step will be fine now I've worked out which foot to put en pointe first (the dangers of practicing in socks for too long).

I practiced my boys' reel, which I actually think is quite hard and a nice step, and I also did all the traditionals as I didn't do those on Saturday.

The thing that's terrifying me at the moment is that I actually feel like I could pass it this time, if only I don't trip myself up or talk myself out of it. I might have said this before but I can imagine myself being a teacher, I just can't imagine opening an email saying successful. It just seems so improbable, that I'd actually manage to achieve this after everything. I can't get too excited about the prospect of passing but I'm so much calmer this time round, I'm in much less pain which helps. I think a dose of confidence will help me.

So, the plan for the next ten days or so:

Today (Tuesday): Either the gym or revising/ghost teaching at home, depending on what time I finish work
Wednesday: As above, depending on what I did on Tuesday.
Thursday: Solo practice
Friday: Work Christmas party, night off
Saturday: Solo workshop - dance everything, twice.
Sunday: Solo practice - whatever needs work based on Saturday's session
Monday: Last class
Tuesday & Wednesday: Rest legs, revise and ghost teach.
Thursday: Travel
Friday: Own dancing exam
Saturday: Teaching exam, followed by high-fives, tears, cheers, and beers.
Sunday: Fly home in utter disbelief that it's all over for another year, and get ready for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment