Tuesday 22 February 2011

91%

This is the story so far as I plough through the past papers. Yep, some days I really am sad enough to do two! I don't want to run out of material though so I might give it a little rest for a while and try other methods of revision. Teaching the ceilis in class is helping me to remember which hand to who etc. I think I'll actually start writing out some of the toughies in full, the ones they tend to use for the ten-markers, and see how I go.

I'm pleased with this. 91% on average gives me plenty of room for error because let's face it, 71% is a pass and I'd take it happily. I'm not worried about the written in the slightest which is amazing to me. It's the part I dreaded most.

The part I'm now dreading most is the dancing. That makes so little sense to me - I've been a dancer forever and I'm bricking it, yet I've known these ceilis for a few short months and yet I'm horizontally laid-back about them. I already knew how to dance, right?

I went to class early and stayed late last night for practise in jig shoes. Videotaped a couple of efforts as well. On one hand I'm kind of glad that my jig isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but on the other I know I used to be able to do it so much better. I know the steps are dated and I can cope with that; it's more the performance than the content, but I'm still trying to fix them up and drawing a blank. How on Earth am I going to make up 9 set dances if I can't even fix existing steps?

No comments:

Post a Comment