Tuesday 1 February 2011

Happy face / sad face

Great class last night. Another new face! She was so lovely and despite protesting that she hadn't danced in 20 years, picked everything up as if she'd taken a class last week. That brings me up to a grand total of four students so ceilis, here we come! I'm really enjoying it, despite not feeling well last night and still dying every time I have to dance at the same time as saying the steps. I can cope with little things like that!

I'm just a bit down about the whole thing really. There's so much going on all over the message boards about big American schools leaving for An Comhdhail, the association rule, etc etc...it's almost upsetting. I know things aren't perfect but I'm been with Coimisiun my entire dancing life, even before I knew there was anything else out there. I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else, and I'm not naive, but... I just want to believe that once I've put in the hard yards and passed this exam, that me and my dancers will be taken at face value.

That's a long way off. I'm not going to get drawn in - I've still got to pass the bloody thing! Homework for this week:
  • Finally finish writing out all my dances on flashcards to go into my pretty and colour co-ordinated box.
  • Come up with a first and second step for my beginner heavy jig - one of my girls has got the lead round and is chomping at the bit for more!
  • Another practise exam.
  • Come up with a primary level reel, or at least a lead round for R.
  • Practise outside of class - really need to get these fitness levels up.
And at some point I've got to finish and send a job application, revise for a non-dancing test I'm taking soon, make a soup and organise the hell-hole that is my bedroom.

A nice quiet week then!

No comments:

Post a Comment