Thursday 28 November 2013

Bogey dance

Two weeks tomorrow.

Ugh, practice last night wasn't the best. Spent around 45 minutes on one set, I dare not speak its name, which has become a bit of a bogey. In the step I couldn't get my pointe bits right as I've been doing them on half pointe for so long. In the set I just couldn't fit in the clicky bit but the bit after that was too slow which kept putting me off. I kept missing out a bar of choreography at the start which meant the following bits didn't go with the music - and the heating was on full blast in the studio so I was a drippy mess of a drip.

I think I fixed it - I'm not changing the step because I know it works, I was just rushing as I knew I only had an hour. I changed a bit of the set to make the clicky bit achievable and account for the fact that my feet aren't fast enough right on the final bar. It'll be alright - I bet I get to dance on Saturday and just blast it out.

It's such a waste of choreography. Why can't they just ask for one jig and one hornpipe set. We will have already proved that we can do the different rhythms in our solo step about so I don't even see the point in doing sets at all save for traditionals, but if we must do sets then why six?! I can't even believe that last time round I was practising nine, it's so stupid. In my opinion you should have to do reel AND slip, then jig and hornpipe, and maybe three traditionals. Maybe the dancing exam could include a couple of ceilis as well - they tell you what it is and put you in positions, you get one run through outside, then you dance it for real. There's just no need to choreograph all these sets and then have them never see the light of day. I feel really sorry for my sets :(

No comments:

Post a Comment