Tuesday 2 November 2010

Pre-Trip Review

No, I'm not going on holiday. I want to start Trip to the Cottage (the only remaining dance that I've done before) but I thought I should make sure I can at least remember the bare bones of the previous three first.

The Duke Reel
Ring
Body - Sides, Link Arms, Interlace, Advance and Retire
First Figure - Figure of Eight
Body
Second Figure - Right and Left Chain
Body
Finish - Swing Around

Humours of Bandon
Lead Round
Body - Sides, Half Right and Left, Sides, Half Right and Left
First Figure - Advance Through Centre
Body
First Figure repeated by opposites
Body
Second Figure - Centre Meet
Body
Second Figure repeated by opposites
Body
Third Figure - Ladies' Chain
Body
Finish - Lead Around

The Cross Reel
Lead Round
Body - Extended Sides, Full Chain, Gentlemen Interlace, Back to Back, Exchange Places
First Figure - Figure of Eight and Ring
Body
Second Figure - Circle Round and Hands Across
Body
Finish

*check*

Three mistakes, I've corrected them ^ above but here they are:

In the Duke Reel, I called the second figure Ladies' Chain instead of Right and Left Chain. In the Cross Reel, I forgot Gentlemen Interlace in the body and called the first figure Advance and Retire instead of Figure of Eight and Ring. Pretty inexplicable that one.

I'm happy enough though so off to the cottage I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment