Sunday 4 November 2012

Sets

Right then, all sets are done. Rodney's was choreographed in my head over a wine on Friday night and practised on Saturday - it's working ok. Just a case of remembering now. Hurry the Jug and Piper are both working and again with Piper, it's just a memory thing. I was doing it in shoes on Monday night and kept getting confused, not least because my iPod earphone kept slipping out. Can you sweat from your ears?!

I was practising Garden on Saturday too and tried to visualise three stony-faced examiners watching me. Effed it up about five times in a row, terrific. I have no idea whether the nerves are going to ruin everything for me. I was trying to style it out and keep dancing as I know I have to keep going at all costs, but it's still a huge drop in points and practically unforgivable in a trad.

I can't practise as much as I want to because of this damn leg. Left lower calf feels like it's going to snap. I'm just not brave enough to push through too much, so it's only going to be another 4 or 5 sessions over the next 10 days (it's in 11 days I think but not counting today). Eek, not sure I'll even be able to manage that, thinking about it.

To do list:

Dance Planxty and Rodney's properly - dance the shit out of all of them, really.

Fix hornpipe step for solo section. Can't believe I'm not ready on this yet.

Think about teaching steps. I already know I'm probably going to use my Miss Brown's step as a jig step for teaching, but no idea on hornpipe - particularly a boy's hornpipe.


1 comment:

  1. I've been reading your blog for some time now and I have to say it's great help for people preparing for the exams - especially when you post these little details liske the existence of a list of people taking the exam. Thanks for writing and GOOD LUCK with the exams!

    ReplyDelete