Tuesday 13 November 2012

Two.

Tuesday 13th November.

10.35am
I actually can't believe that this is the date today. Two. Days.

I took the shoes to the cobbler today to get the straps swapped over and not only did he do it there and then within four minutes but he didn't charge me a penny either. There are good people in the world. Speaking of which I got a lovely shamrock-y Good Luck card at dancing last night and everyone was being very kind and telling me I'd be fine. I hope I don't let them down.

2.38pm
I've just looked at my to-do list for the exam, from two weeks away. Gulp.

- Complete Rodney's Glory
- Complete second hornpipe step
- Finalise boys reel step - think I've got it but will need to dance it another few times. Presumably in the hotel.
- Revise ceili tunes especially Haste vs Trip - been trying but it won't sink. Another train/hotel job.
- List and print all steps for each section
- Traditionals in shoes - hotel, will have to be.
- Book return train journey
- Print all tickets and hotel confirmation
- Sort out outfits for each exam
- Packing list
- Speed for Blue Eyed Rascal - feck it, it is what it is
- Read/watch all ceilis - watched, not read
- Check new CD esp Planxty Hugh
- Props for ceili exam? - undecided. Will have a look at home and see if I can conjure something.
- Buy duct tape

I then had to add

- Get straps changed on shoes
- Fix slip jig

Oh god.

9.18pm
I'm almost chilled out here. It's certainly quiet resignation rather than quiet confidence but...I hope this feeling lasts.

Finally watched the Big Jig earlier. They've got far bigger things to be nervous about than some elderly has-been/never-was with dodgy feet and a death wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment