Thursday 13 May 2010

The Fairy Reel

In this video you have to skip it to 1.05 before The Fairy Reel starts. Cool costumes :)



Advance and Retire - Rings - Advance and Retire - Rings - Slip Sides - Gents Centre and Link Arms - Square - Arches - Advance and Retire.

When reading it I made a couple of slight errors - first of all I just didn't get what the book was telling me for Gents Centre and Link Arms - it looks as if he links arms with the left lady (it says "whom he turns with left arm"), and then for some reason I was assuming he chains to left lady twice but the video doesn't do that and the book seems to be saying he doesn't. So well done video! I also assumed that the gent would make the left-arm arch twice in Arches, but my brain was just filling in the gaps. It's right arm arch twice but only once with the left.

Costumes are SUCH a help to keep track of everyone, especially when they're doing Slip Sides and Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment