Saturday 15 May 2010

Going Solo

I'm not sure what I was drinking last night but I'll have to try it again - this morning I've woken up with the germ of idea for a boy's reel step should I have to teach one, and also an idea for a Downfall of Paris opener for my own steps.

This is the only thing I haven't touched yet. It's tough, because I have one class a week in which we don't ever do heavies, and don't really get as far as champ reels and slips. I'm nearly there; one of the girls has said she'll teach me an open slip jig soon...but I already have one. It's definitely heavy practice I need since the exam is weighted so heavily in that direction (nine set dances, why? Why are reels and slips not equally important?), but there's nowhere to dance at home either. When I finally get round to joining the work gym, perhaps there'll be a space in there.

But I'm pleased with myself just for starting to think about this at least!

Lest I forget: Step and click click lift 23 and baby-bicycle turn...I know I want to finish with a heely-heely-heely and double click cut as well. And Downfall; out down entrechat back treble-treble toe stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment