Wednesday 14 April 2010

Blackbird Part 2

This is me, hating on the Blackbird. She doesn't go slow enough and then what the dancers do doesn't look like what she did in all parts. Here's what I've got.

Hop down treble + back hop rock 23 hop rock 23 jump 23 jump 23 jump 23 + treble + back
Hop change change rock rock brush treble + back + treble + back
Tip onto your heel 12 12 tip onto your heel stamp toe heel.

I cannot get the last bit. She doesn't even bother explaining the end treble combination, it's shocking. I *think* it's: .

Change 2345 change point back rock 23. Then a load of trebles.

I actually need somebody to show me, in person, how to do this. I'm really worried now. She took St Patrick's Day really slowly, and although it took me ages I did get it. I was overly frustrated at myself during the Blackbird step but eventually got it because it's so repetitive, not because it was explained well. If I was now in the frame of mind to concentrate and try, I could get the thing that I think that I got. But anything after that is not going to happen tonight. I probably don't need someone to show it to me, I probably just need to NOT try and learn a dance after a driving lesson and not be such a baby.

Up yours, Blackbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment