Monday 12 April 2010

The Rakes of Mallow

I like this one.

It's one of the ceilis danced to a tune of the same name, which is annoying, as that's now a tune I've got to learn and lilt, more's the pity. I can't do karaoke, what makes them think I'm going to be comfortable lilting?! Or be nice to listen to?!

Anyway, five movements of eight bars each. Danced by any even number of trios - but the trios have to be one gent with two ladies on his right. As in:
OOX
XOO

Advance and retire, swing with opposite lady, swing with lady on right, link arms in centre, swing out.

It's the little linky bits that are going to drive me nuts when teaching. Olive has the ladies dancing in to form the circle on the last two bars of link arms in centre, but that's not in the book. Just one of those little flourishes that people add I guess - it looks neat, though.

Enough philosophising. Here it is, Olive style:



The tune's bouncy, I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment