Wednesday 21 April 2010

Harvest-Time Jig

First, an update on last night. I had planned to learn a ceili before dance but as it happened, I got caught up in revision. I started out by writing out the movements for each dance (going to have to start putting the bars each time now), and then started scouring through the past papers for questions pertaining to the 6 I already knew. I reckon I got 95%! And I was harsh marking myself. At class, I think I've sown the traditional set seed with one of the teachers. Hopefully we'll be taught them soon because I don't think I can do it on my own with Olive.

But tonight! I'm going to put the clip in first 'cause it's so cute! Ignore the caller though, she's not using the correct movement names:



So, the Harvest-Time Jig. I really don't think I need to note down what time it's in, right? Dancers line up in threes, facing, with a gent between two ladies. A thorn between two roses, is that the saying?

Advance and retire - Sides - Right hands across - Sides - Left hands across - Step and turn - Advance, retire and pass through.

Dead easy! Points to remember - sides go to the right first, then left. And it's a jig, so it's the rise and grind not two short threes.

Coolio! That's number 7! My eagerness is telling me to learn another one tonight - my sensible self is telling me to revise the ones I already know, writing them out with bars this time. I'm going totally against the grain and I'm going to be sensible.

Possibly circuits tomorrow night for fitness - so no dancing, but some revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment