Thursday 15 April 2010

Review

A good friend sent me written instructions for the Blackbird. I feel a bit better about it now. It was clearly just a poor frame of mind on my part. Here's a ceili review:

Walls of Limerick
Advance and retire - half right and left - dance with opposite - dance around

Rakes of Mallow
Advance and retire - swing with opposite lady - swing with lady on right - link arms in centre - swing around

Siege of Ennis
Advance and retire - sides - hands across - advance, retire and pass through

Walls and Rakes both reels, Siege is a jig. Walls is for any even number of couples, Rakes is for any even number of trios (one gent and two ladies), and Siege is for any even number of couples. Rakes is danced to a tune of the same name.

Learning another ceili tomorrow night, finishing Blackbird on Saturday, learning another ceili at some point over the weekend.

I'm also going to start writing out the ones I know, it's about time. Revising music I will have to leave until a) my laptop is working and b) I have the correct CLRG set dance CD. Must buy Olive ceili music CD as well.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment